Monday, May 18, 2020

This week's doctors appointments

Wanted to provide an update on where things are with Diana. She is continuing to heal from the biopsies, but is very sore. She is only taking Tylenol at night going forward, and I am trying to make sure she is taking it easy.

We were able to select an oncologist, Dr. Brendan Curley, who has worked regularly with the breast surgeon, Dr. Kimberli Cox, who is highly recommended by a couple of people in our ward. We are meeting Tuesday with Dr. Cox to discuss the complete biopsy results and have a physical exam.

We also just found out we were approved by our insurance for the PET scan that will happen Wednesday morning. The PET scan will tell if the cancer has spread beyond the lymph nodes. It will take 3-4 business days before we get those results. We then will be meeting with Dr. Curley on Friday. He will discuss treatment options with us, but will need the PET scan results before he can give us the full picture (more waiting).

We feel so blessed that we were approved for the scan, and that we have been able to meet with doctors so quickly (many favors have been called in on our behalf). We are also so grateful for everyone fasting and praying for us. God really is watching over us, he will get us through this, with a lot of help from our wonderful families and friends.

For those interested, a positron emission tomography (PET) scan is an imaging test that helps reveal how your tissues and organs are functioning. A PET scan uses a radioactive drug (tracer) to show this activity. This scan can sometimes detect disease before it shows up on other imaging tests.

–Glen

1 comment:

  1. I am SO grateful to have a place to know how you are doing without interfering with your family time! I will still probably chat at you on Marco Polo Diana so I can feel like I'm talking with you but don't feel like you need to respond. I will check this daily to keep tabs on you. Thank you Bishop and Kat for the updates!

    ReplyDelete