Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
’Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we’ll have this tale to tell—
All is well! All is well!
I still got an infusion of Keytruda, the immunotherapy drug, more hydration and nausea medication but the side effects are not expected to be as bad as the chemo drugs. I am so so grateful. I am ready to start feeling better and rebuild my strength for surgery which we still need to schedule for the beginning of January. During the infusion I listened to President Nelson's message of hope to the world and just sobbed tears of gratitude and relief that I was done with chemo. I was inspired by President Nelsons prescription to the world for healing. Among the blessings I have counted the last few days, I am grateful for my life, which is filled with learning and love, for modern medicine and doctors who can help me in my fight against cancer, for my eternal family relationships that won't be broken by death, for the power of priesthood covenant, which binds us to God and his blessings through obedience, and for my beautiful Savior who is the light in the midst of my darkness and the restorer of all things.
My dear sister Kathryn arrived Friday night from California to bless and help us through this next week. We're excited to celebrate Kate's 15th birthday on Monday and Thanksgiving together on Thursday. Glen is scheduled to have a nose surgery on December 8, and two of his sisters plan to come help during that time, as well. We are thankful for so much support and love and don’t know how we could do it without you. We wish you all a marvelous Thanksgiving and are looking forward to tasting a little turkey and mashed potatoes! :)
My dear sister Kathryn arrived Friday night from California to bless and help us through this next week. We're excited to celebrate Kate's 15th birthday on Monday and Thanksgiving together on Thursday. Glen is scheduled to have a nose surgery on December 8, and two of his sisters plan to come help during that time, as well. We are thankful for so much support and love and don’t know how we could do it without you. We wish you all a marvelous Thanksgiving and are looking forward to tasting a little turkey and mashed potatoes! :)
So happy that chemo is over! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAmazing news!!! So proud of you, you did it! You made it through the Hawaiian Punch! Thank you for always sharing where your comfort and strength comes from, it strengthens my testimony. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you didn't have to go through that last one. I'm grateful your family will be able to help you get through these rough patches.
ReplyDeleteThere is a pic of Elder Andersen on FB - Maryland Baltimore Mission.
ReplyDeleteDiana!!! Great job!!! and your family, too!!!
ReplyDeleteMiki