Wednesday, July 15, 2020

This week: completed my Zarxio injections

T-shirt is from a friend
Hannah & Daniel having fun trying on my wig

Today (Wednesday), I had the last of my three injections of Zarxio. They ended up giving me the injections in the back of my arms; it was only painful when they tried to inject the medication too quickly. On Monday, I had minimal side effects, but by Tuesday, I felt a lot of fatigue and now understand where the expression "bone tired" comes from. My doctor said that doesn’t surprise him based on how hard my body is working to generate the new blood cells.

Today, I felt more achiness in my lower back and hips but, for the most part, it's been manageable with the Claritin and Aleve. I've had less nausea due to not having my infusion last Friday, so I've been able to eat mostly normal and gain back some of the weight that I lost.

If all goes well, my white blood cells will be up by Friday and I'll be able to move forward with my infusion around noon. David was unsure if Dr. Curley would want to get these injections on a regular basis or just when my blood cell counts are too low.

The house has been a little more lively with all the kids back this week. They really enjoyed spending time with their cousins the last two weeks in Utah and escaping this mild (only up to 116) summer in Phoenix. I'm still trying to beat the worst of the heat and walk in the morning, but it's over 80 degrees no matter when I walk. Very grateful for air conditioning and modern medicine.

4 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I hope this doesn't become a normal routine for you. Going three times the beginning of the week and then again on Friday doesn't leave much time off! I'm so glad you've been able to eat. Hope Friday is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that your blood counts stay high. -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been praying the injections would do what they needed to do so you can get your next infusion. "bone tired" does not sound fun at all. It's wonderful to still see that beautiful smile through it all. You continue to inspire me to do better, fight harder, and keep smiling. LOVE always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DanIELLE looks great with your wig on! ;)

    ReplyDelete