I went in three times to get hydration and additional nausea medication during the past week-and-a-half and we reached a whole new level of fun when the only nausea medication I could keep down was in suppository form. We're hoping a few of the new tricks we've learned might help us through our last chemo treatment. It has been a real fight to focus on the good when you feel so poorly but I have realized that negativity can also be a cancer and the more we give into it, the more it kills. We have so many things to be thankful for, even the chemo that makes me so sick. Our Savior stands beside us always, succoring us in only the way someone can that has experienced exactly what we have been through and our dear friends and family have been His ministering angels throughout this entire experience.
We met with a urologist Wednesday who has scheduled several tests for December to see how the chemo has possibly damaged my urinary tract. We also have been setting up consultations with several doctors to finalize our team of surgeons and radiologist. Being sick has been a full-time job and we still have lots of decisions to make.
Our son Paul has continued his missionary training from home. Some days have been less than ideal with me gone and not feeling well but he has continued to study hard and his district has been a tremendous support. He will be speaking tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. MST as a part of our church service in anticipation of his departure Dec. 1 for Baltimore. Here is a link (UPDATED) for our church broadcast on Sunday.
We met with a urologist Wednesday who has scheduled several tests for December to see how the chemo has possibly damaged my urinary tract. We also have been setting up consultations with several doctors to finalize our team of surgeons and radiologist. Being sick has been a full-time job and we still have lots of decisions to make.
Our son Paul has continued his missionary training from home. Some days have been less than ideal with me gone and not feeling well but he has continued to study hard and his district has been a tremendous support. He will be speaking tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. MST as a part of our church service in anticipation of his departure Dec. 1 for Baltimore. Here is a link (UPDATED) for our church broadcast on Sunday.
So grateful your family has been able to be here with you and I know it has been such a treat to have Bekah. I'm hoping she leaves today after Paul's talk. Hope the new nausea medicine is helping and you can find some food to stay down. So grateful this part is almost over!
ReplyDeleteRejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, rejoice. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God, and the peace of God which passes all comprehension shall guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are pleasing, whatever things are of good repute — if there is any excellence and if there is any praise — dwell on these things.
ReplyDelete-Praying that you'll have the strength to bear the unpleasant side effects. Love, Mark
I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be satisfied with it. I know both how to be brought low and I know how to be in excess. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to have plenty and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who empowers me.
ReplyDeleteIm sorry you have been so sick. Love you. Youve got this. Adrienne
ReplyDeleteDiana, you are doing just great!!!
ReplyDeleteI pray for you. You are so humble servant of our Father and the Savior. Love you lots, Miki
So proud of Paul! He did an amazing job on his talk and we were all enlightened by it. The look on your face when Becca came is priceless. Awesome she could be there to spend time with family.
ReplyDeletePrayers for direction for you and your doctors with current issues. Loads of love!