Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Blessed respite

It's been so wonderful this past week and a half to not have to go in for radiation treatments each day! The top layer of skin that was damaged has been peeling since my last treatment but now the new skin is starting to heal and scab over. I am still very tired but feeling a little better each day and my bowels are almost back on track. I usually get up to walk and shower, and then I need to lie back down to take a nap to gear up for when the kids get home, dinner, and evening activities. I have successfully ruined most of Glen's extra t-shirts that I wear after I lube up with Vitamin E oil each morning and night. 😀 That is thick, messy stuff! 

We enjoyed participating in Ryan's senior thesis defense on Monday and he will have school prom this Saturday.
 
Our first two week's supply of Xeloda was shipped to us from a specialty pharmacy and we're set to begin that on May 10th. We're hoping that if all goes well, Dr. Curley might allow us to travel during the summer in between my blood draws each cycle. 

Hoping you are all well and feeling strengthened in your individual challenges!

Love, Di

3 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you as you move into the last phase of your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for a break!!! You deserve one ❤️❤️❤️ Love you 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay your break came during your birthday! I celebrate you and your beautiful example of love and light! Happy Birthday beautiful Diana!

    ReplyDelete