Monday, August 17, 2020

Together ... and with God



I was counting my blessings this morning, and Glen was at the top of my list. Twenty-two years ago today, I married Glen for forever in a temple of God. It was one of the best decisions I ever made! 

When we drove to Oregon for Glen to ask my dad for my hand in marriage, I nervously prepped him for questions that my dad may ask him (how he might handle specific financial and relationship difficulties in our marriage, etc.). I had watched older sisters go through engagements and had taken note! ;) I was more nervous for Glen to talk with my dad than he was. 

After asking how Glen would answer a possible question from my dad, he paused and said, “I am not exactly sure, but we will figure it out together and with God.” That is exactly what we have been doing for the last 22 years, through many ups and downs, which we never expected. Glen is my loyal friend, my companion and helpmeet, my protector and provider, the loving father to our children, and my cherished husband. 

Next week, after my Wednesday injection, we hope to slip away to Flagstaff and enjoy the cooler weather for a day before returning for chemo on Friday. I can’t wait!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary
    Love, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are a match made in heaven!!! You really are such an amazing team!!! I have learned so many valuable nuggets about parenting and relationships just from watching you two, and with God. Love you so much!!! 🙏🏻❤️Happy Anniversary!!
    Mary Knapp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures of your beautiful family! Happy anniversary! It was a good week to get married for sure!

    ReplyDelete