The best part of this week has been Ryan starting his at-home missionary training. I've been able to be his "companion" while Glen and the kids went to Lake Powell for a few days. I have loved the spirit that has been in our home since we've been living the mission rules to go to bed and arise early, to pray and study scriptures, and to eliminate any media influences that might distract Ryan from his missionary purpose. I can hardly believe it's already been nine months since Paul was doing the same thing.
I'm not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the security alerts that would periodically come up on the TV screen. A loud beeping would sound and different colored bars would appear on the screen as we heard the words, “This is a test, this is only a test." Those words came to my mind this week as I thought about the plan of salvation God has for us and the recent experiences I've had in my life. Our “real” life, our eternal life, begins after this proving ground is complete, and it will be more glorious than we can imagine. I live for that day. I don’t ever want to get too comfortable here in this mortal probation.
I believe in modern day prophets and I know President Nelson is the inspired prophet for our world today. I'm thankful for his invitation to increase our faith. I try to ask myself each morning in prayer, “What would I do today if I had more faith? Think about it, write about it, and then DO it!” As my faith leads me to obey the commandments more fully and to keep my covenants, the power of the atonement can save me from my fallen state. I am indebted to my Savior Jesus Christ who suffered ALL pains, sins, all afflictions, and even death for each of us so that we might overcome them.
I'm not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the security alerts that would periodically come up on the TV screen. A loud beeping would sound and different colored bars would appear on the screen as we heard the words, “This is a test, this is only a test." Those words came to my mind this week as I thought about the plan of salvation God has for us and the recent experiences I've had in my life. Our “real” life, our eternal life, begins after this proving ground is complete, and it will be more glorious than we can imagine. I live for that day. I don’t ever want to get too comfortable here in this mortal probation.
I believe in modern day prophets and I know President Nelson is the inspired prophet for our world today. I'm thankful for his invitation to increase our faith. I try to ask myself each morning in prayer, “What would I do today if I had more faith? Think about it, write about it, and then DO it!” As my faith leads me to obey the commandments more fully and to keep my covenants, the power of the atonement can save me from my fallen state. I am indebted to my Savior Jesus Christ who suffered ALL pains, sins, all afflictions, and even death for each of us so that we might overcome them.
No comments:
Post a Comment